You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Download MP3’ tag.
Like falling down the rabbit hole to find Nirvana and MGMT jamming with the cheshire cat on vocals.
Also on repeat: Faking Jazz Together, Megumi The Milky Way Above
Found where? Five recommendations of Kiwi artists from The Phoenix Foundation
As though Air travelled back in time to collaborate with Petula Clark on the soundtrack to a 60s sci-fi film.
Singer, Trish Keenan, died earlier this month from pneumonia complications. RIP Trish, I’m so sorry I never discovered you til now.
Also on repeat: You Can Fall, Echo’s Answer, Look Outside
Found where? 17 Dots
Like the best work of fellow alt-folk faeries Sufjan and Joanna Newsom, Villager’s fantasy/confessional invades your personal space, winding in through your pores and exiting in a puff of magic dust.
Also on repeat: That Day, Set The Tigers Free – the whole shebang.
Found where? NPR
This entire blog is dedicated to big-upping what I consider to be the best songs I stumble across, so there’s not much point in putting out a best-of list. There is, however, a whole heap of songs I should have blogged about in 2010 but didn’t. In my defence I moved countries, got married, started a new intense job, blah blah – excuses!
Anyway, the music. Ninety nine percent of ‘best of lists’ are out by now and it appears my list is related (cousinly rather than brotherly) to Pitchfork’s, Stereogum’s, NPR’s etc, but with a pronounced chillout/electronic/pop/disco (ahem – party?) bent. This is listening for sunny days, not rainy nights. Ironic considering my hometown of Brisbane is breaking rainfall records right now!
So please enjoy the songs I should have shared with you months ago – the songs I loved, flogged! in 2010. I promise to get them to you sooner in 2011. As usual, the mix is seasoned with a handful of oldies ( pre-2010 releases – waaay!), including the song I walked down the aisle to (the last one). Feliz navidad.
Note: Rather than the usual single file download, I’ve packaged all 50 songs into 5 .rar files after the song list. Enjoy!
- HEALTH – In Heat (Javelin Remix) – MP3
- Deerhunter – Revival
- Tame Impala – Alter Ego
- The Morning Benders – All Day Day Light
- Matthew Dear – Little People (Black City)
- Jeff Buckley – So Real (oldie)
- Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti – Bright Lit Blue Skies
- Charanga 76 – Music Trance (oldie)
- Arcade Fire – Modern Man
- Atlas Sound – Doctor (Five Discs Cover) (oldie)
- Datarock – Ganguro Girl (oldie)
- CocoRosie – Lemonade
- The Last Dinosaurs – Honolulu
- Beach House – Walk In The Park
- Harlem – Friendly Ghost
- Department of Eagles – While We Were Young
- Gorillaz – Stylo
- Groove Armada – Just For Tonight
- Sufjan Stevens – I Walked
- Bonobo – We Could Forever
- Japandroids – Art Czars
- Dimlite – Diana Won’t
- Bear In Heaven – Lovesick Teenagers (oldie)
- Young Veins – Take a Vacation
- Twin Sister – All Around And Away We Go
- Interpol – Barricades
- Kings Go Forth – One Day
- Local Natives – World News
- Philadelphia Grand Jury – The Good News
- Lower Dens – Truss Me
- Primary 1 feat. Nina Persson – The Blues
- The Radio Department – Heaven’s On Fire
- The Smiths – Bigmouth Strikes Again (oldie)
- Tanlines – Real Life (Memory Tapes Remix)
- Here We Go Magic – F.F.A.P.
- Kelley Polar – Here In The Night (oldie)
- AM – Jorge Ben
- Caribou – Odessa
- Women – Eyesore
- Javelin –Tell Me What Will It Be
- Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions – For The Rest Of Your Life
- Bullion – Say Goodbye To What
- The Love Language – Pedals
- Gladys Knight – Better Than A Good Time (Walter Gibbons Remix) (oldie)
- Real Estate – Out Of Tune
- Hard Mix – Memories
- Wild Nothing – Chinatown
- Tim Buckley – Morning Glory (oldie) – The live version is best but I can’t find it on MP3 – anyone?
- Cloud Control – There’s Nothing In The Water We Can’t Fight
- Aphex Twin – Avril 14th (oldie)
Presenting your left-of-centre house-party-floor-filler. Follow it up with an OutKast classic.
Found where? Pitchfork
Soul futurism, post-dubstep – call it what you want. Blake’s jerky red-coat refrain is contagious and the world’s forward-thinking musical slicers and dicers should be working it into their mixes right now. Bullion?
Found where? emusic
Reminiscent of AM radio favourites early-on then progresses into fresh territory, casually hooking you with its languid disco vibe and psychadelic, merry-go-round lyrics.
Buy: Ariel Pink – Before Today (Album) – but not until June 8 2010
Found where? Relentless bearer of musical fruit Gorilla vs Bear